NEW Hidrate Spark 2.0 Water Bottle - A Tall Drink of Water


Are you drinking enough water?

Hmmm, doubtful.

Did you know that being hydrated help relieves everything from headaches to fatigue, increases your energy and performance (even 1-2% dehydration can decrease physical functions), and can improve your complexion, ability to lose weight and more?

That's why I'm excited about the new Hidrate Spark 2.0 Water Bottle. They track how much you consume throughout the day and prompt you when it's time to water up.

I appreciate this because there are times of day (read: when it's convenient, when there's more time) that I'm diligent about downing H2O, but it's at the times when I need it most (read: when it should be obvious) that I don't think about it at all - like after the gym (duh), post-dinner (fried chicken urp), following wine and cocktails, and later before bed.

This smart water bottle (and now my own personal water assistant) comes equipped with a sensor that syncs with an app on your phone and tracks your daily water intake. 

All you have to do is drink as you normally would. A light will flash and glow to remind you when it's time to drink up again. 

Brilliant. Because no doubt whatever you've tried thus far isn't really working. Friends and colleagues of mine have tried the ol' "fill a glass of water and put it on your desk" trick. But it goes just as unnoticed as their piles of "important papers." And the biggest fail of that method? You can't take it with you.

Because that's the thing. Most of us are on the move these days and need something that can keep up with the demands of your life and schedule. Hidrate Spark 2.0 is portable, so it follows me wherever I need to be. And that's key. 

And the nudge to take a sip (or glug it back, depending) is the exact prompt I needed - especially when I've got important things to do, I'm on the move, or I'm distracted by my to-do list (or more accurately: the pile of shows awaiting me on Crave TV).

The bottle comes with two replaceable lithium batteries that last six months, so you don't need to worry about yet another device you need to keep charged (because I can barely keep up with my devices as it is), and the app does all of the heavy lifting, allowing you to concentrate on what's most important.

You're going to love the quick and easy the setup: download the app and fill out your profile. Unlike your dating one, you'd better be honest here. They ask your height, weight, sex and age to determine how much water you need in a day. It takes a whole ten seconds.

The app provides your recommended daily goal (mine is just 2 1/2 bottles a day - totally doable!), hydration history, your daily average, notifications, and even a way to compete with friends. Your bottle will also sync with your Fitbit and Apple Watch, so you are sure to reach your #healthgoals in record time.

Check in with the app throughout the day for up to the minute updates on how much water you've consumed thus far or just wait for the flashing light to go off. This is extra beneficial on those days when you just aren't feeling the h2O and also encouraging when you realize you've exceeded your daily limit (way to go superstar!).

There is only one rule you need to follow - be sure to place the bottle on a flat surface for a few seconds after refilling so that it can can accurately calculate the amount of water.

Easy peasy.

I tried the notifications on my phone, but found them too bossy, so I turned them off. I rely on the light to remind me when I fall on the wagon. And don't worry, you'll notice it. Even while I'm engrossed in something else, I see the flashing red glow across the room  outta the corner of my eye.

I find the more water I drink, the more I want to drink. And this simple tool has singlehandedly increased my daily water intake.

It's not just the tech aspect that rocks - the design is phenomenal. The BPA-free Tritan foodsafe plastic bottle is dishwasher safe (just remove the sensor stick that holds your batteries) and holds 24 oz/710 ml. A leak-proof flip style lid opens with a click of a button, so you can access it with just one hand (mine other one's busy holding a chicken leg, iPhone or reporter's pad).  There's a detachable carrying strap and it fits in most cupholders, backpack pockets, and bike bottle cages. making it easy for your bottle to tag along throughout your busy day, 

The pour-style mouth piece is the perfect size - not too big that you have to gulp it down like a linebacker; not too small that you have to suck in your cheeks to get anything. Those of you using bottles with straws? Straws are for kids and milkshakes. 'Nuff said.

And as you know, I am all about aesthetics, so while there have been other companies that have launched similar products, none have looked this good. The Hidrate Spark is as much an accessory as my necklace and shoes, and fits in whether I'm rocking out squats at the gym, boarding a plane, or on my way to a meeting. I love the geometric faceted exterior (can I get walls in this please?) and you can choose whatever colour you want. There are seven colours available (royal blue  is available exclusively at Neiman Marcus). While the entire range is pretty - black, very popular tealgreen, pink, and purple - I'm rocking the always soothing white (pictured above, though it appears only white IRL, not lavender as the photo depicts).

There are a number of popular water bottle brands that charge $40-$60 for vessels that just sit there. Wouldn't you rather have yours working for you while still looking fierce?

My waterboy (I call him Winston) comes with me most places I go, even if it's room to room in the house. Like an Olympic gymnastics coach, Winston can be unrelenting when it comes to water intake, and while some of you may not like his insistent tone, I find it comforting that he had his eye on the prize while I multitasked my way through the day. At least someone's paying attention.

And thanks to him, I feel healthier and more energetic. I think I may have also lost a pound or two.

So while you sip away at your regular water bottle, mine is working round the clock to ensure I stay hydrated. All I have to do is follow Winston's instructions.

What are you waiting for? Get yourself a Winston, I mean a NEW Hidrate Spark 2.0 Water Bottle, and drink to your health and wellbeing. 

gottheknack

No comments:

Instagram

Copyright © the knack | Stephanie Dickison 2019.